Friday, May 14, 2010

Spring Ballet Recital


Tuesday night was the girls' ballet recital. Such a fun night for us! Maddie and Katie were so excited. Me - well, we got to the chapel and out of the four slippers in my bag I couldn't find one. One slipper!! "What in the world!" (That's Maddie's newest phrase.). After looking around where the girls and I were sitting, I went sprinting back to the apartment following the same path I took only to get back to my bag in the chapel and find it sitting under the seat. Of course, it had to be there the whole time! Shortly after we solved that problem it was time to pray (the picture below - our girls are the two sitting to the right of the teacher), stretching and they were off to dance!

They did a great job. Katie's group was the cutest because they were the youngest. Maddie's group did an awesome job for being their second semester and recital. I'm excited for them to get older to see which one takes to which interest. Will they both pursue ballet, what sport will they want to play, will they want to play an instrument? It's so fun to think about the possibilities out there for them!

I posted little 10 second videos for each dance below. After the recital we ate pizza with the Bennett's and the Earman's who live in our building. Thier girls were also in the recital. We've had a fun semester of enjoying ballet together!




No comments:

Post a Comment