Thursday, May 20, 2010

Making Donuts

Today (yes! I finally am posting the same day I took the pictures!!), the girls and I made donuts. Real cake donuts from scratch! It was very fun. I was impressed by how well it worked. We made the dough and had to let it chill in the frige for 2 hours - just in time for the girls' quiet times. Once they were well rested we rolled out the dough and started cutting. Praise the Lord for donut cutters! Once we cut them, I fried them, then we dipped 'em in cinnamon and sugar. YUMMY!! We even got donut holes out of the deal. WOO HOO!


The flash from the camera is too bright, but Katie has flour all over her face.



The finished product!
They were very easy, Spence loved them, and the girls had fun playing in the flour! Me, I enjoyed the challenge of frying and actually succeeding. Wish you all can enjoy them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment